This Page

has been moved to new address

To the Legion of Honor in the Woods Dress

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Iron Orchid Vintage: To the Legion of Honor in the Woods Dress

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

To the Legion of Honor in the Woods Dress

What a wonderful and relaxing weekend! After a tasty brunch out in the city, I went to see the Isabelle de Borchgrave exhibit at The Legion of Honor. It was a fascinating retrospective of her work filled with painted paper dresses that were made to resemble dresses from the Medici era through the late Victorian era. Please follow the link above to see some examples and even a video of the artist, photography was not allowed so I don't have any photos to show. It won't be up for much longer, so if you have a spare moment to scoot over to the museum and see it in person, I would highly recommend it. 
For the occasion I wanted a bright splash of color, and there's no better dress in my closet for the job than   the "Woods Dress"( I call it that because the print looks like little slats of wood). 
The little boy's green coat just kills me!
(I want to recreate this look!)
Outfit Details:
Dress: Vintage 1950's Day Dress
Jacket: Elevenses
Shoes: Urban Outfitters
Ring: Saks 5th Avenue

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home