This Page

has been moved to new address

Poker Night

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Iron Orchid Vintage: Poker Night

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Poker Night

Like most vintage loving gals I like a good old-timey dress, but sometimes the night calls for a pair of comfortable denim pants. Poker night was one of those nights, and not to forgo my addiction to vintage, this 80's, Escada bolero was just the thing I reached for. It's deep browns and accentuated croupier shoulders were the perfect color and shape for a parlor game. I added the arrow brooch for a feminine offset, but I think it would have been just fine without. I'm totally in love with this waist coat, and it gets bonus points in my book for being an early Escada production: the tag reads "made in Western Germany". Powerful how the history of a vintage item can come up in so many different ways. Stranger still how a vintage item can document a change in history by merely footnoting it's place of production.
On a side note, I have a few designer pieces that will be making their way into the shop in late September, early October. Some names include Joseph Magnin, I.Magnin, Pendleton, Escada, Karl Lagerfield, and more.









Bolero: Vintage Escada
Camisole: H&M
Denim: Banana Republic
Ring: Lucky Brand
Brooch: Vintage
Earrings: SF Street Vendor

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home