This Page

has been moved to new address

Day 2: Mod Dress, Modern Jacket

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Iron Orchid Vintage: Day 2: Mod Dress, Modern Jacket

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Day 2: Mod Dress, Modern Jacket

Today I woke up craving some 1960's rock n' roll! Honestly, sometimes I think a little musical accompaniment in the morning is just what I need to help me pick out an outfit. For a splash of color I reached for this 1960's navy and red striped jumper dress. It's an American Rags Cie. remake from their vintage department, which, from my understanding simply means that it is a vintage find that has been restored or transformed. I'm already sucker for 1960's and 1970's era vintage, but when I find something with a mod, or 'British Invasion' look to it, I go bananas! I wish I'd caught a photo of it's jumper-style front, so adorable!  I suppose I never mentioned it in the last post, but one of my New Year's blog resolutions is to do at least one consecutive 30 days/30 outfits post session. I just couldn't wait until the new year to get started, though, especially with so many holiday party outfits planned! Hope you enjoy this brief tour of my wardrobe.
 
Outfit Details
Sunglasses: Christian Dior
Turtleneck: Rampage
Vintage 1960's Striped Jumper: American Rag Cie. 
Motorcycle Jacket: BCBG
Tights: Betsey Johnson
Shoes: Anne Klein
By the way, yesterday's outfit wore like a dream. I underestimated how easy the sleeveless cape would make shopping; it was way easier than wearing a coat. My only tip to cape wearers this season would be this: Make sure you wear the kind of purse that you can sling across your body underneath the cape, otherwise wearing/holding a purse is just awkward. 


Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home