This Page

has been moved to new address

For the Birds: Two Vintage Hats

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Iron Orchid Vintage: For the Birds: Two Vintage Hats

Thursday, February 2, 2012

For the Birds: Two Vintage Hats

A few months back I inherited a ton of great family vintage. There were a few items that I was particularly attached too, even with their eccentricities. This green hat, for example, was handmade by a family member, and has an abstract parrot sewn to it. At first I thought it was too strange to keep, but the more I played with it the more the shape of the hat began to grow on me. I positively love it now, and couldn't imagine putting it up in the shop. 
It seems like there are quite a few discussions on some of the bogs I follow about vintage hats, hatpins, and orienting the direction of one's vintage hat. You might like to check out a week of blog posts dedicated to hat discussions on Vixen Vintage.
This fascinator was also handmade. It has a unique figure-eight shape to it, and I spent quite a bit of time trying to figure out how the hat was supposed to sit. I decided to just go with the direction of my bangs, and I think it turned out well. There are a ton of fun things that I could do with this fascinator. I imagine that the next time I wear it out, I'll try to get a neat little back-combed bouffant going behind it. 
Outfit Details:
Chiffon Blouse: Tracy Reese
Velvet Vest: Ralph Lauren
Brooch: Stella and Dot, Gift form Best Friend
Earrings: Vintage Screwbacks, Family 
Hat: Handmade Vintage, Family
Fascinator: Handmade Vintage, Family


Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home