This Page

has been moved to new address

BonBon Brunette and the 60's Princess Coat

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Iron Orchid Vintage: BonBon Brunette and the 60's Princess Coat

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

BonBon Brunette and the 60's Princess Coat

Doesn't this post's title sound like a 1960's cover band? I love it! 
Believe it or not, it gets cold around here and although most of my coats are woolen, which do keep me warm and dry, only this one has a hood. I know we're all trained to stay away from piling on a single color, but I couldn't help but enjoy myself in these rich, chocolate browns. This checkered-collar dress is one of those perfect "cold day" dresses, too. It is wool, but soft, and although I always wear a slip, it doesn't have the faintest trace of being scratchy. I hadn't intended on going out in full retro, but after I added the purse, I think I sealed the deal! My color balance on the camera was off as the outside light kept changing from overcast, to cloudy, to sunny. The purse, belt and shoes are all very close in hue. The dress, being a bit more muted and  dark really contrasted well against the trim of the coat. As for me, well I'm a natural bonbon brunette, so I guess I had no choice but to be complicit!
 

Outfit Details:
Wool Coat with Faux Fur Trim: Vintage 1960's from Crossroads Trading Co.
Dress: Vintage 1950's
Shoes: Tahari
Purse: Vintage 1950's borrowed from mom
Belt: Vintage 1980's YSL
Bracelet: Gift
Tights: DKNY

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home