This Page

has been moved to new address

The Birthday Dress, White and Romantic

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Iron Orchid Vintage: The Birthday Dress, White and Romantic

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The Birthday Dress, White and Romantic

My sister was born on a gorgeous and warm day in the middle of summer, on an Olympic year, no less. I have always loved her birthdays; frosting covered cake eaten outdoors while children played on the trampoline, or afternoons spent watching baseball games while someone barbecued. This year, I had a summer birthday, too - sort of. I know that somewhere (most where's), there was a snow storm, a rain cloud, an overcast and chilly day, but here it was an absolute delight and it made me feel almost guilty for wearing this white, summer-like dress. It's actually a wide trapeze dress, and was purchased as a birthday gift from my mother a couple of years ago when I had planned to be somewhere hot for my birthday. The trip didn't pan out and this is the first time I have ever worn it. Navigating through the cool cask rooms of a winery, to playing a game of bocce in the sun, it's a wonder I didn't spill anything on it!
Outfit Details:
Dress: BCBG
Shoes: Urban Outfitters
Handbag: Isabella Fiore 
Flower Bracelet: Gift
Bangle Bracelets: Mixed Vintage
Dragonfly Ring: Brilliance Found
Cameo Ring: Vintage
Belt: Forever 21

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At February 8, 2011 at 4:36 PM , Blogger Stephanie Lynn said...

Wow! Love it! Glad you had some nice weather to enjoy it in. :)

 
At February 8, 2011 at 4:42 PM , Blogger iron orchid vintage said...

Thanks, Stephanie! They say the rain is coming so I guess take it while you can, huh?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home