This Page

has been moved to new address

One for the Ballerina

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Iron Orchid Vintage: One for the Ballerina

Friday, February 4, 2011

One for the Ballerina

fass_armani_10_v
photo from 'W'
Have you been enjoying all the editorials out there that seem to be styled around the ballet? I've been finding them rather pretty and romantic. On the heels of the current ballet craze, I remembered a brief feature that I read a while back in a 'W' magazine featuring a ballerina named Misty Copeland. Of course, I had long since tossed out the mag and forgotten the ballerina's name, but my goose-hunt eventually proved fruitful, only after several seriously beautiful image chasing tangents. I find her athleticism simply inspirational and had originally intended to post several photos of present day and vintage ballerina inspired fashions, but then I came across a photographic series entitled "Ballerina Project", which I had to share. Note: This is a photograph heavy post, so it may take a while to load.
307256
The series, which was taken by photographer, Dane Shitagi, was taken over a span of 8 years and uses New York City as a backdrop. I've kept the collection somewhat abridged, but please follow the link to see many more gorgeous photos of the "Ballerina Project".
179839_303698509948_22455674948_1263325_979001_n
ballerinaprojectfirst
ballerinaproject00
ballerinaproject000
ballerinaproject3
ballerinaproject2
ballerinaproject4
ballerinaproject5
ballerinaproject10
9
ballerinaproject13
ballerinaproject14
ballerinaproject17
ballerinaproject11
ballerinaproject18
ballerinaproject19
ballerinaproject20
ballerinaproject15
ballerinaproject16
ballerinaproject23
ballerinaproject24
ballerinaproject25
ballerinaproject26
ballerinaproject29
ballerinaproject31
ballerinaproject30
ballerinaprojectlast2

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At February 4, 2011 at 6:04 PM , Blogger Miss Amethyst said...

yeah!! ballet!!

 
At February 5, 2011 at 4:21 PM , Blogger iron orchid vintage said...

I know! Makes me want to get dolled up and go out the ballet. Sadly, in the past few years I've noticed a rather casual crowd at the theatre. What's that about, I wonder?

 
At February 6, 2011 at 10:39 AM , Blogger Miss Amethyst said...

I noticed that to... it is sad. Although get dressed up any way and start a new trend "the art of getting dolled up"

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home