This Page

has been moved to new address

The Vintage 1950's I.Magnin Wedding Gown

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Iron Orchid Vintage: The Vintage 1950's I.Magnin Wedding Gown

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Vintage 1950's I.Magnin Wedding Gown

 
I. Magnin was a legendary San Francisco department store that was founded in 1876 by Mary Ann Magnin and named for her husband Isaac. Originally, the couple sold baby clothing, which Mary Ann made, and Isaac sold as a peddler. The following year they opened a store that sold the clothes along with ladies’ toiletries. They soon expanded their offerings with a selection of bridal fashions, lingerie, and trousseau items, all made from beautiful but expensive European fabrics and laces. I. Magnin developed a reputation for selling only the highest quality goods.
-Taken from The Vintage Fashion Guild. Read more, here.
This vintage, 1950's, I.Magnin wedding gown is a precious find. I really didn't know what I had in my hands until I got home,  unzipped the metal talon zipper, and found the I.Magnin tag, with the matching hat and lace glove sleeves tucked within! Unfortunately, one of the gloves was missing, but at least the one surviving glove gives us an authentic peek into what the entire ensemble would have looked like. This dress will be going up in the shop this week, along with a number of gorgeous vintage finds, but I felt like this little lady needed a post of her own. Please follow this link if you are interested in the dress. As always, please feel free to email me if you are interested in the details of this dress.
 
 
  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home