This Page

has been moved to new address

Easter in the Vintage Pink Polka Dot 50's Dress

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Iron Orchid Vintage: Easter in the Vintage Pink Polka Dot 50's Dress

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter in the Vintage Pink Polka Dot 50's Dress




Do you have a vintage dress that you just can't wait to spend the day in? This is the first time I'll have ever worn this dress, and I'm tickled (pink!) that the weather is being cooperative enough for me wear it. I wasn't in the mood for a full crinoline today and was a little unsure about what kind of an under-thing would go best, so I opted for a fully skirted slip, which seemed to add just enough volume to keep the dress styleable in a contemporary way. Easter is very casual for us and we haven't got any other plans for the day except for a big brunch with my auntie and cousin, whom I'm so excited to see. There's something about those festive and bubbly polka-dots, though, that makes me wish we were  having an egg hunt.
 
Outfit Details:
Dress: Vintage 1950's
Denim Jacket: Urban Outfitters
Shoes: Malous
Ring: Brilliance Found, Etsy

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At April 24, 2011 at 1:08 PM , Blogger patricia Leah P said...

That dress is so beautiful
having a little dress envy right now

 
At April 25, 2011 at 2:19 AM , Blogger The Thriftaholic (Leilani) said...

Definitely a great Easter dress-- love the pink bubble print! Denim jackets are also great for spring weather, can't wait to wear mine (am sadly still wearing wool coats here in Chicago).

 
At April 26, 2011 at 11:26 AM , Blogger Yuri said...

Very cute! I like how the denim adds a little boyishness to an otherwise girly-girl outfit. I hope you had a great Easter! :)

 
At April 28, 2011 at 2:33 AM , Blogger iron orchid vintage said...

Thank you all for the lovely comments! I had a huge brunch with family. Any day that starts off in a food coma is bound to be a great day.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home