This Page

has been moved to new address

Day 3: The Beat Generation, The 60's Lace Mod Dress

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Iron Orchid Vintage: Day 3: The Beat Generation, The 60's Lace Mod Dress

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Day 3: The Beat Generation, The 60's Lace Mod Dress

Hello, Beat Generation! I woke up feeling inspired by Mod looks and Beat attitude, and I knew instantly that I was going to channel my inner 60's-gal today. This beret is my newest vintage treasure. It was  given to me a month ago, and I have a strong feeling that it will be making a steady appearance in my wardrobe this winter. I'm nearly certain that the topper was hand-knit; I hope you can see it in the photos, but it was patterned to retain the most perfect, tilted, side-slouch. This lace dress is something that's been hanging in my closet for a couple of years now, but that I have never worn. I've seen a few dresses like it on Etsy lately, which was what reminded me of it in the first place. I had originally thought to pair it with a black slip, but am much happier that I went with a flesh-tone slip beneath, causing an illusion-lace look. 
Outfit Details:
Dress: Vintage Lace 1960's Dress
Slip: Vassarette
Beret: Vintage Heirloom Wool Beret
Bracelet: Banana Republic
Ring: Etsy
Tights: Target
Purse: Halston
Shoes: Impo




Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At November 9, 2011 at 2:25 PM , Blogger Miranda said...

That dress is amazing, what a great vintage piece!!

Miranda
www.indcfashion.com

 
At November 10, 2011 at 1:43 AM , Blogger iron orchid vintage said...

Hi Miranda,

Thanks for dropping a note!

 
At November 10, 2011 at 10:33 AM , Blogger Candypop said...

You look gorgeous! Love the lace dress what a good find :)

 
At November 10, 2011 at 10:42 AM , Blogger iron orchid vintage said...

Hi Candypop,

Lovely to hear from you again! Hope all is well with you!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home