This Page

has been moved to new address

Day 6: The Autumn Kimono

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Iron Orchid Vintage: Day 6: The Autumn Kimono

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Day 6: The Autumn Kimono

This cool and rainy weather is just begging me to experiment with the drapier, bohemian pieces in my wardrobe. Kimono's seem to be making a steady appearance in some of my favorite vintage shops, so I thought I'd try working this vintage, autumn colored one into today's outfit. Since today is about experimenting with new things, I also wanted to test out a few fun products: clip-on bangs that I bought to test-drive a full bang look on myself, and a make-up palette that my mom gave me a few days ago. My mom's a make-up pro (to say the least), and since make-up is something that I don't usually take a lot of time to play with, I'm always asking her for quick tips and easy products to use. My own make-up collection doesn't get too far out of natural and earth-tone shades, but since the holidays are upon us, I've been thinking about trying some fancier, smokey-eyed looks. She gifted me the Too Faced Matte Eye Shadow Palette, which is filled with rich, deep colors that I have never forayed into. I have the Too Faced Natural Eye Shadow Palette, which is a daily staple of mine, and the best thing about these kits is that they come with little index sized notecards that show you  graphics of different eye-shadow looks you can achieve with the palette, and also how to apply them. This is a daytime smokey look. 
Outfit Details:
Kimono: Vintage 
Long Sleeve Top: Velvet
Tank: Zara
Opaque Leggings: Unknown
Boots: Report
Bangle Bracelets: Mix of gifts, vintage and H&M
Necklace: Cookie Lee

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home