This Page

has been moved to new address

Retro Chic!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Iron Orchid Vintage: Retro Chic!

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Retro Chic!

The shop has a lot of 70's in it, I know, but the blouses and skirts of that era are simply luxurious! I'll be posting about that more in the next few weeks, when the shop gets ready for spring and the colorful silk blouses come out, but right now I can't help but spill the beans! There are some select 50's and 60's period pieces that will soon make their way into the shop's mix. It'll be a bit piecemeal, but until then, let me share with you two of my favorite contemporary designers who's retro inspired looks run the gamut of everything from 50's-80's.

Foremost, Lena Hoschek:Sprechen sie Deutsch? Ausgezeichnet! Hier ist Lena Hoschek in Vogue Deutschland.
You can see more of her looks in German Vogue. Or here on her website.

Lots of full sleeve blouses, high-waisted circle skirts, pencil skirts, pinup skirts, and (ahem) aprons! If you've been on the horn with me in the past few months, you'll know that apron making has been my latest project. I see a crafting post on the horizon!

Then there is Sika:
Her designs are not only community conscious, but ethically progressive, too!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home