This Page

has been moved to new address

The Yellow Ribbon Sundress, and a Primary Pop

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Iron Orchid Vintage: The Yellow Ribbon Sundress, and a Primary Pop

Sunday, July 10, 2011

The Yellow Ribbon Sundress, and a Primary Pop

When I found this dress it was the last in its size, and I crossed my fingers all the way to the dressing room that it would zip up easily. Made of soft and durable cotton, the kind that billows like sheets on a line when you walk, it sustained a super windy day and did not blow uncomfortably high in any strong breeze. The little details, like the metal zipper closure up the back and the grosgrain ribbon trim make me feel like I am actually wearing a vintage dress. Which brings me to the question: How do you feel about vintage reproduction? I think it is a great alternative to the real thing, especially for ladies (and gentlemen, too!) who often have difficulty with the sizing. 
A few months ago I remember mentioning that I didn't have a single basic cardigan. Well that has changed! Destined to become a sweater girl, I've made a few basic additions to my closet, but am currently on the prowl for a sweater chain. I saw a girl at the Bettie Page store wearing a vintage one the other week, and I just about shrieked in delight. Speaking of the Bettie Page store (and repro for that matter!), I got some amazing retro pieces there at a very reasonable price. A few of the items will have to wait until winter, but the vintage inspired trousers I could not go home without. Hopefully I'll get around to sharing some photos with you soon.  
Outfit Details:
Cardigan: Banana Republic
Dress: Moulinette Soeurs
Espadrilles Shoes: Tommy Hilfiger
Necklace: Elizabeth Gillett NYC
Ring: Saks Fifth Avenue
Earrings: Ralph Lauren
Bracelets and purse: Vintage

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home