This Page

has been moved to new address

Day 8: 'True Grid' Shirtdress

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Iron Orchid Vintage: Day 8: 'True Grid' Shirtdress

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Day 8: 'True Grid' Shirtdress

Today, I have to pop into a couple of corporate settings and thought it would be appropriate to do a dress post on business casual work clothes. My best girlfriend and I were recently talking about how when we were young professionals in the work place there weren't so many affordable and attractive retailers for the 'entry level' market. We often wore looks that were too old for us, or pieces that we thought we could up-cycle and get away with as a business casual piece. It's funny to see how much has changed in such a short time, there are so many retailers now who offer separates that are both youthful and work appropriate. What initially drew me to this dress was it's throwback, ladylike silhouette, but what I find attractive about the fabric/pattern is that they remind me of menswear. Back when I had a conventional 9-5 job I didn't have a lot of time to spend choosing an outfit in the morning, nor a lot of cash to blow on suits. I wish I had seen more dresses like this on the market as they are simple, appropriate, and couldn't be more comfortable! I thought to wear black shoes, but I didn't want to be too matchy, so I went with a neutral colored shoe that serendipitously picked up on the color of the grid, and added a pair of translucent tights. I suppose a sheer hosiery would've done the trick, too, but isn't it supposed to be winter?
Outfit Details:
Dress: Jones New York
Tights: H&M
Shoes: UO
Necklace: Vintage Gold and Pearly Strands
Earrings: Brass Plum
Bangle Bracelets: H&M

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At December 28, 2010 at 1:27 PM , Blogger Stephanie Lynn said...

This would be so great for an office! Too bad I'll probably never have a cushy desk job where I can look cute everyday! Right now I'm studying to be a biochemist, so that means lab and lab means no skirts, no cute shoes and no vintage. :/

 
At December 28, 2010 at 4:20 PM , Blogger Sara Kristiina said...

That is so cute dress! That necklace suits for it perfectly, and I so love that print :>

-Sara
from
autumn, coffee and inspiration

 
At December 28, 2010 at 7:55 PM , Blogger iron orchid vintage said...

Stephanie Lynn, we're just going to have to rustle up a darling pair of custom lab goggles for you!
Sara, thanks for the compliment, the necklace reminds me of holiday garlands. I guess I', still in the spirit:)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home