This Page

has been moved to new address

Day 1: My 'No-Fuss' Last Minute Christmas Shopping Outfit

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Iron Orchid Vintage: Day 1: My 'No-Fuss' Last Minute Christmas Shopping Outfit

Monday, December 20, 2010

Day 1: My 'No-Fuss' Last Minute Christmas Shopping Outfit



The look of effortless layering is something I always appreciate. I love to pile it on, but when I'm taking public transportation/walking all day I don't like to carry extra bulk. This afternoon I'll be joining the thousands of others who are running errands and shopping for last minute Christmas presents. I'm usually done with my shopping by Thanksgiving, but with all the travel I've been doing over the past couple of months, I've left a few gift ideas on the back-burner. Since I'd prefer to dress without a lot of fuss today, I opted for a shirtdress and tights combo; it's easy, and just in case I spot something I want to try on for myself, I don't have a lot of layers to take off. I also don't want to be bogged down by a heavy wool jacket, so I'm borrowing this camel colored cape from the shop to see if it makes for a comfortable coat supplement. Making up for the lack of layered clothing, I'm adding a variety of simple accessories to the mix- it's a wonder what a good pair of boots and a hat will do! The only thing I'm worried about is the hat blowing away, it's crazy windy today, and I don't want to carry an umbrella.  I'll let you know how the outfit works out, but I'm curious...do you have any 'go-to' outfits for a busy day?



 
I won this double strand heart necklace from Bombshell Shocked, in a giveaway hosted by Bombshell Bettie's Vintage. It was the perfect addition to the other vintage strands I was wearing, and a really cute set to wear by itself, too! Actually, the necklace was just one item out a whole box of goodies that I won. I hope to photograph the rest of them soon.
Outfit Details:
Vintage 1970's Wool Cape: Borrowed from the Iron Orchid Vintage Etsy Store (will be up this week!).
Hat: Vintage 1980's Banana Republic
Double Strand Hearts Necklace: Bombshell Shocked
Gold and Pearly Strands Necklace: Vintage
Bangle Bracelet: Vintage
Shirtdress: Free People
Tights: Betsey Johnson
OTK Boots: Report

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At December 21, 2010 at 10:04 AM , Blogger BombshellShocked said...

YOu look so cute!! I'm glad you liked the necklace.
Nicole
BombshellShocked

 
At December 22, 2010 at 4:03 AM , Blogger Sara Kristiina said...

This is amazing outfit! I like the hat and that dress.. :)

Happy christmas!
-Sara
autumn, coffee and inspiration

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home