This Page

has been moved to new address

City Lunch, Sleepy Swan

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Iron Orchid Vintage: City Lunch, Sleepy Swan

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

City Lunch, Sleepy Swan

Visiting my lovely friend Anja, for a quick lunch in the Marina, I decided to snap a few photos of the Palace of Fine Arts. We didn't have time for a photoshoot, but I thought you might like a quick view of the gorgeous columns and the famous dome. One day, I'd like to set up a more proper shoot there, but I did get a quick snap of what I wore. On the waterfront it gets pretty windy and cold, so it's always best to dress in layers. One highlight of the afternoon included getting within inches of a sleepy swan. They are fantastic creatures, and it was neat to see them up close. I think I had forgotten how enormous these birds really are!
 
I've been on a bad-luck streak with my eyeglasses lately. My most recent pair fell out of my purse and landed under the truck I was in. When we backed over them (they were in a giant bulky hard-case that I normally keep my equally giant sunglasses in), it was like we had rolled back over a large rock, which was weird because neither of us remembered a bump where we had parked. I got out to inspect what it was that we rolled over, but only found my sunglasses case, the specs themselves were no where to be found. About a few miles down the road a low tire pressure light came on, and when we pulled over to check it out, we found that one of the arms of my glasses had pierced through the tire and had created a hole. The nutty part was that though the glasses were badly banged up, the frames were still there - still in their square shape with both arms attached (minus the lenses)! They were totally unsalvageable for wearing purposes, but can you believe they popped a tire and then stayed attached and intact under the weight of a truck?  If you are in need of some seriously sturdy eyeglass frames, I fully recommend Cole Haan. Long story short, my backup pair went missing and I had to use the backup to the backup pair, aka - a seriously old prescription! They may be DKNY 2002 or something like that, but at least they've got a classic shape that seems to still look good.
 
Outfit Details:
Coat: Vintage 1960's 
Cardigan: Anthropologie
Blouse: H&M
Denim: Forever 21
Tall Socks: Sparkle and Fade
Boots: Schuler and Sons
Glasses: DKNY
Beret: Free People

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At March 3, 2011 at 3:23 PM , Blogger Gabrielle Clayvon said...

I love your hair in these photos and a blue with red color combination always melts my heart. Sorry to hear about your streak of not so good luck with your glasses.


www.thegiftofgab-gabby.blogspot.com

 
At March 4, 2011 at 1:14 AM , Blogger iron orchid vintage said...

Hi Gabby,

Thanks! I've been using a conical curling iron lately, which seems to take out any natural curl and make it look really wavy. Though my boyfriend can't pinpoint what's different about me, he seems to give me extra compliments when my hair's like this, so I think you'll be seeing it wavy more often:)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home