This Page

has been moved to new address

Day 9: The New Dickensian

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Iron Orchid Vintage: Day 9: The New Dickensian

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Day 9: The New Dickensian

Today's look was inspired by a myriad of things. It was really windy out today and I adored the thought of wearing this exaggerated sleeve capelet in the wind. I had a feeling that the unpredictability of the elements just might yield some good photos of the jacket. As I was accessorizing, I remembered this vintage, emerald green, velvet, newsboy cap that I had picked up some months back, and the look began to take on a modern-meets-Dickensian vibe. Often, I feel that all it takes to make a contemporary outfit look so much more memorable is the addition of a single, simple vintage piece.
I waited all afternoon for the rain to clear up so that I could run outside and snap some shots of today's outfit. Since the weather was cycling from gloomy, wet and muddy, to windy and sunny, I scrapped the idea of wearing tailored slacks and heels for something a little (less likely to be ruined by mud!) more casual.
Outfit Details:
Hat: Vintage Green Velvet Driver Cap by Livingston Brothers
Capelet Sleeve Tie Waist Jacket: Saks 5th Avenue
Turtleneck: Rampage
Denim: Banana Republic
Sunglasses: Moschino
Watch: L.A.M.B
Wellington Boots: J.Crew

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home