This Page

has been moved to new address

Day 27: The 1960's Green Velveteen Christmas Dress

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Iron Orchid Vintage: Day 27: The 1960's Green Velveteen Christmas Dress

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Day 27: The 1960's Green Velveteen Christmas Dress

Having been out sick for the greater part of the past two weeks, I wanted to try and get back to my early morning routine. Last year I wore this dress for Christmas Eve, and it was a smash hit! I don't know why I didn't post any photos of the front of the dress then, but since I want to look festive and pretty ( as opposed to lazy and sniffly), I thought I'd wear it today. It's amazing how dressing up a little more than usual can really lift your spirits! The fascinator is new to me, it's from the same wonderful heap of family vintage that I was gifted a couple of months ago. I didn't know if I'd like the floral fascinator look on me, but I think it actually goes with the dress quite nicely.
Outfit Details:
Dress: Vintage 1960's Velveteen Dress from The Witchery Vintage (They are lovely gals, btw!)
Flower Fascinator: Vintage 1950's from family
Earrings: Bought in Italy
Ring: Etsy
Shoes: Charles David

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At December 21, 2011 at 8:09 PM , Blogger The Thriftaholic (Leilani) said...

I can see why this dress was a hit, I love the color, the velvet and the little bow! Sweet fascinator too, I definitely need to wear mine more.

 
At December 22, 2011 at 11:00 AM , Blogger iron orchid vintage said...

Hi Darlin'!
Aren't those fascinators strange? Mine has to be bobby pinned in place and I'm not entirely certain how far up the crown to wear it, but I think it could be a really pretty accessory. Thanks for your sweet comment!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home