This Page

has been moved to new address

Day 22: Adding Vintage Menswear Accessories to a Ladylike Look

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Iron Orchid Vintage: Day 22: Adding Vintage Menswear Accessories to a Ladylike Look

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Day 22: Adding Vintage Menswear Accessories to a Ladylike Look

A couple of days ago I wore a menswear inspired outfit with separates and accessories that were all ladies garments. Today, I wanted to play with the same idea: women's trousers and a silk tuxedo blouse, but add a few menswear accessories to smarten up the look. I'm used to working a traditional men's tie into an outfit every now-and-again, but this vintage Gucci ascot threw me for a loop. I didn't want to detract from the ruffled yoke, or the the rhinestone buttons as those were the most feminine details of the blouse, so I doubled it over until it was half its length and wore it short, like a bow-tie. It turns out that I already had a pair of patent leather black heels to match this vintage Ferragamo handbag. Don't you just love the signature brass & grosgrain bow?
Outfit Details:
Blouse: St. John
Men's Cravat: Gucci
Trousers: Ann Taylor Loft
Purse: Vintage Ferragamo
Shoes: Steven
Watch: Skagen
Ring: Vintage
Men's Suspenders: Vintage

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At May 25, 2011 at 9:54 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look so cute in suspenders, love it! Damian

 
At February 23, 2012 at 8:28 AM , Blogger rachael said...

I love your outfit. everything about it is perfect. i also love to add a bit of the mens accessories to my oufits a couple of times a week, from a traditional tie to a bow tie but my favourite is a pair of suspenders. when you put a nice black pair with some wide leg trousers and a nice white shirt like you have you can't go wrong. it is the perfect outfit.

 
At February 23, 2012 at 8:29 AM , Blogger rachael said...

I love your outfit. everything about it is perfect. i also love to add a bit of the mens accessories to my oufits a couple of times a week, from a traditional tie to a bow tie but my favourite is a pair of suspenders. when you put a nice black pair with some wide leg trousers and a nice white shirt like you have you can't go wrong. it is the perfect outfit.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home