This Page

has been moved to new address

The Powder Blue 1950's Day Dress

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Iron Orchid Vintage: The Powder Blue 1950's Day Dress

Saturday, February 12, 2011

The Powder Blue 1950's Day Dress

I have been feeling inclined to wear full-skirted dresses lately. Perhaps it's that I've been spending a lot of time photographing fancy 50's party dresses for the shop, but from the moment my head leaves the pillow, I can only think of which dress I will put on. I launder or dry clean almost everything that goes into the shop, especially if it is cotton; This dress, which I borrowed from the shop (may be a keeper, should have never tried it on!), felt especially nice today as it had a freshly laundered smell and a crisp cotton feel. The dress has a welcomed amount of pouf on its own, but I added a crinoline because here's the truth: I love the swish and sway of it, plus getting in the car and tucking in all that extra fabric feels kind of special. In fact, I should have been photographing these outfits more...in the past week, the crinoline (and some full skirt, or another) and I have gone everywhere in public. I know some ladies are too shy to do so, but I really do suggest stepping out once in a while with a crini. I got compliments on my dress today from the ladies at the post office and the bake shop.
Well, here's a weird location! A building by the post office I frequent has been completely abandoned, and while looking for a secluded place to take photos, I decided to have a little inspection. The green glass windows were just calling to me.
Outfit Details:
Dress: Vintage 1950's from the shop
Purse: Vintage 1960's
Sunglasses: Marc Jacobs
Shoes: Cole Haan
Bracelet: Vintage Bangle
Necklace: Elizabeth Gillette

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home